Saturday, November 20, 2010

going with the flow

Today was great. It was my first day back to work in a very long time and I loved it. I wish I coud have stayed longer. Maybe next time I can. My MIL watched my baby today. My MIL is great and wonderful and I am so glad to have her in my life. But she and I are so different, and that just makes things a little awkward sometimes. For starters she texted me a bit before she was supposed to get to my house telling (telling, not asking) me that I need to put the carseat in her car when she gets there in case she and M go anywhere. I tried to play it cool even though I was immediately annoyed. (Yes I know I shouldn't have been, right?) I responded with something like, "Ok great, do you know where you guys are going?" And no, she didn't know.
    Ok... She arrived, M was so happy to see her---> and that is all that really truly matters. She loves my baby and my baby loves her! They make each other happy!
    I don't want to let her get to me, I don't want to let anything get to me, but I keep letting everything get to me. I think I'm doing better, I mean, before I texted her back with the "ok great..." etc, I had about 10 different texts I had started typing ... like... "I really wanted you to watch her here...... It's only for 3 hours.... She is going to nap during this time... " And I totally talked myself into just going with the flow. Even though most of the time the flow feels really against me. And... they didn't go anywhere.

Ok so today was a great day. Besides a few normal bumps in the road. I need to go with the flow and stop trying to ... I don't know, be a control freak?  It's almost like sometimes I leave with the idea that what I would do in a situation is so right that I just expect another person to do the same as me, but that's just so CRAZY! I think I got that idea from my mom, and unfortunately, it's a terrible one.

 All in all it was a great day. Next on my to do list is birthday invitations. And earlier this evening I got an amazing idea-- An indoor rake!! I could rake all of Ms toys up into one pile and pick up much faster. Good idea?

No comments:

Post a Comment